Monday, March 12, 2012

Updated Membership Marketing Tracking Dashboard

A number of years ago, I shared about a dashboard that I created to help with keeping track of your organization’s membership numbers. I have just finished updating it based on some feedback that I have received from readers. If you would like an Excel version of it, please send me an email (under my bio at right) and I will forward it to you.

The dashboard includes calculations for tracking:

• Year over year total membership decline or growth
• Year over year new member recruitment
• Monthly and annual conversion (renewal) of first year members
• Monthly and annual subsequent year renewal of members
• Monthly and annual overall membership renewal calculations

I have found that these are the key statistics to monitor for most membership organizations. They highlight where things are going well and where you might need to focus additional attention.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the new dashboard. Membership Marketing and ROI is very important. ~CTynan, CAE

Tony Rossell said...

I have had over 50 requests for a copy of the spreadsheet. If you would like one, shoot me an email. Tony