Why Share the Wealth through Membership Recruitment?
I appreciated the honest question. Here is how I answer the question, but please feel to share your perspective.
I can think of at least six reasons to invite others to be members.
1. A competitor’s ability to find out about membership and the products and services behind them is only a click away on their computer. It is not as secret as one might think.
2. A competitor having membership information is much less important than that competitor’s ability to execution on what they have learned. Win on your ability to execute not on simply knowing something.
3. No matter how sophisticated or unsophisticated a fellow member, there is still something to learn from them through interaction as members. Ultimately, you will learn and grow from the interaction.
4. A bigger and better membership organization benefits everyone since it enables the funding and development of more services and resources for all members.
5. A bigger and better organization helps heighten the image and awareness for the entire industry.
6. Helping a competitor by sharing membership may result in an acquisition, new employee, or referral in the future for you.
Please feel free to add your thoughts in the comments section.
Posted by Tony Rossell