Speaking Engagements

Membership Development Relies on Providing a Valuable Product


As a marketing professional, it is often a temptation to focus on promotional solutions to growth impediments. However, keep in mind that one of the four P’s of marketing is product.

You need to deliver value to succeed.

That’s why I like a quote I just read from Google’s CEO, Eric Schmidt. He says, “Innovation has nothing to do with downturns. A hot product will sell just as well in a recession as it will in a nonrecession . . . The strong companies understand this, and during a recession, they invest.”[1]

Speaking of recessions, my colleague Erik Schonher (he is the Erik pictured above) just published an excellent White Paper entitled, Ten Tips for Membership Marketing in a Recession. It provides some very helpful advice. I will highlight it in an upcoming post. But if you would like me to send you an electronic copy now, let me know.


[1] BusinessWeek, May 12, 2008, page 54.

No comments: